About Me

My photo
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
35 yrs.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Project Based Lesson


It was simple and easy for me to decide what Web 2.0 tool to use for the project based lesson for our class assignment. There was no doubt in my mind that I was going to use Prezi. It was a very easy decision for me because when I was first introduced to the tooI I was hooked. It was new and exciting for me to explore, learn, and use the techology tool. I quickly decided to teach my students the tool and substitute Prezi in place of a powerpoint for an end of the year assignment I was just about to give my students. The lesson for my project based lesson focus on photosynthesis in the subject of Science. The standards want students to be able to investigate and describe the processes that enable plants to use certain elements to process food for themselves. Also, according to the state standards students have to be able to provide evidence from research to explain how plants can use the food they make. Students will be comparing and contrasting how humans and plants make and use food. Students will be critically thinking throughout this lesson as well as collaborating on ideas for the Venn Diagram and the Prezi presentation. This lesson will enhance communication skills and hold students responsible for their learning and classwork. I created a rubric in for the Prezi presentation to as a way of assessing the student’s assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment